Signs and Symptoms
2. Slight tremor of the head or hands.
4. Mask like appearance of the face and infrequent blinking.
5. Muscle stiffness.
6. Slowed movement.
7. Loss of balance.
8. Tremors in the head and or hands when at rest.
9. Confusion and memory loss.
What to Do Now
Check with your doctor to find out whether the symptoms could be drug-induced. If so, changing the drug might eliminate they symptoms.
1. Do not tire yourself out. Find ways to relax, since stress and fatigue can make symptoms worse. Eat well and take good care of yourself.
2. Physical therapy, deep muscle massage, and yoga may help you move more easily, but consult your doctor before beginning any new program.
3. Comradeship eases the depression that can accompany the disease.
When to call a doctor
1. If the symptoms are seen.
2. If you have any new symptoms during treatment. They may be side effects of the medication you’re taking or may indicate a worsening of the condition.
How to prevent it
There is no known way to prevent this disease.