Signs and Symptoms
1. Intense pain in the upper-right side or center of the abdomen, possibly spreading to the back, chest or right shoulder.
2. Nausea and vomiting.
3. Gas and indigestion.
4. Fever and chills.
5. Jaundice-yellowish skin and eyes.
What to do now
If you have symptoms of a gallstone attack, it’s critical to get immediate medical attention.
In the meantime, do not eat or drink.
When to call a doctor
1. If you have sudden, severe pain in the upper-right area of your abdomen. (If abdominal pain is accompanied by nausea, sweating, and shortness of breath, these symptoms may signal a hear attack.)
2. Call for emergency advice (if not available, Go to an emergency facility):
3. If you notice a yellow discoloration of the skin and eyes (called jaundice).
4. If you have already been diagnosed with gallstones and you have severe abdominal pain that lasts more than two hours.
How to prevent it
1. Maintain your ideal body weight:
2. Consult your doctor before trying to lose weight, and diet sensibly.
3. According to some exerts, you can cut the risk of gallstones with a diet that is high in fiber and low in fat and cholesterol.
- gallbladder in bangla;