B.Sc (Hons.) or Undergraruate Admission Information (Fall Semester) 2013 – All unit Notice/Circular | BRAC University-bracu.edu
Admission Notice/Circular of BRACU Admission (Fall Semester) – All unit [y]-14 is available here. To see notice click here.
Requirements for Admission:
Minimum Qualification for Applying :
Minimum GPA of 3.0 in SSC and HSC separately, and a total GPA 7.0.
Minimum GPA of 2.5 in O-Levels in five subjects and A-Levels in two subjects and total GPA 6.0 according to BRAC University scale (A=5, B=4, C=3 & D=2). Only one E is acceptable.
All eligible* candidates are required to take the admission test.
Candidates who have completed higher secondary education (12 years of schooling) under a system different from SSC/HSC or ‘O/A’ Levels will have to get approval of the Equivalence Committee of the University.
Foreign Education Certificate. Candidates who have passed from abroad have to submit equivalence certificates from the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Dhaka.
Candidates for EEE, ECE, CSE, APE and Physics must have minimum B grade in Physics & Mathematics at HSC/Others or minimum C grade in Physics & Mathematics at ‘A’-Levels.Candidates for BSc in Computer Science and BSc in Mathematics must have minimum B grade in Mathematics at HSC or minimum C grade in Mathematics at ‘A’-Levels.
Candidates for BSc in Electronic & Communication Engineer and Electrical & Electronic Engineering having Physics and Mathematics but not Chemistry at HSC or ‘A’-Levels must take a remedial course on Chemistry in addition to the courses required for the program.
Candidates for BSc in Biotechnology and Microbiology should have minimum C grade in Physics and Chemistry at HSC/ A-Levels and C grade in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at
SSC/O-Levels. Candidates not having Mathematics at HSC or A-Levels must take a remedial course on Mathematics in addition to the courses required for the program.
Candidates with a break of study of more than two years, but not over five years, will have to apply to the Admission Committee stating the reason for break of study.
Note: Requirements may be changed anytime if there is a change in admission policy by the University authority.
*Candidates who have appeared in ‘A’ Levels in two subjects or HSC may also apply for admission.
GCEO/O-LEVEL or any other:
Minimum Qualification for Application :
Apply online at http://admissions.bracu.ac.bd
[Help desk available on Campus]
A complete application includes:
1) Completed Application Form (available on website)
2) Recent passport size color photographs
3) Applicant’s signature
4) Admission Test Fee payment slip (Tk. 1000)
Admission Test :
All candidates will have to sit for a written admission test and an interview in the manner as described:
- Candidates for BSS in Anthropology, BA in English and LLB (Hons):
Written admission test in English and Logical Reasoning.
- Candidates for BBA, BSS in Economics, BSc (Hons) in Pharmacy, BSc in Microbiology, BSc in Biotechnology:
Written Admission test in English, Logical Reasoning and Mathematics.
- Candidates for BSc in Computer Science, BSc in Computer Science and Engineering, BSc in Electronics and Communication Engineering, BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, BS in Physics, BS in Applied Physics & Electronics, BS in Mathematics:
Written Admission test in English, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics and higher Mathematics.
- Candidates for Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch):
Written admission test in English, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics and a test in Drawing.
- In order to qualify, candidates must pass each section and subsection separately with minimum 40% marks.
- Those who qualify in the written test will be called for interview for final selection.
List of Departments/School under Faculty:
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) – 201 Credits
- BBA – 130 Credits
- BSc in Computer Science & Engineering – 136 Credits
- BSc in Computer Science – 124 Credits
- BSc in Electronic & Communication Engineering – 136 Credits
- BSc in Electrical & Electronic Engineering- 136 Credits
- BSS in Anthropology – 120 Credits
- BSS in Economics – 120 Credits
- BA in English – 120 Credits
- LL.B (Hons) – 135 Credits
- BSc in Physics – 132 Credits
- BSc in Applied Physics & Electronics – 130 Credits
- BSc in Mathematics – 127 Credits
- BSc in Microbiology – 136 Credits
- BSc in Biotechnology – 136 Credits
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) – 164 Credits
Important Dates of BRACU Admission (Fall Semester) [y]:
How to Apply forBRAC University (BRACU) Admission (Fall Semester)- All unit 2013
The following instructions will guide you through completing the application. The online application will require you to provide personal information, details about your academic qualification and supporting documents.
Step 1: Fill up the Application Form online
1. If this is the first time you are using the online application form, you will need to create an account. Go to www.bracu.ac.bd/applyand then click on Apply now. Then click on New Applicant. Depending on which program you want to enrol in and which session you want to apply for, choose the appropriate item from the list and then click on the Click here to Applylink beside it. This will bring up a page containing a list of the programs offered by BRAC University and the minimum qualifications required for applying. Click on a program to see specific requirements for it.
2. If you meet all requirements for applying, click on Proceed to Apply.
3. If this the first time you are using the online application form, enter your email address, full name, password and mobile number. Enter the characters you see in the image in the box below it. Then click onRegister. An auto generated validation code will be sent to your email address and to your mobile phone via sms.
4. Click on Login and enter your email and password
5. If this is the first time you are logging in to the system, you will need to enter the validation code. After successful verification, you will be taken to your Dashboard.
6. Follow the instructions on your Dashboard to create and complete your online application. You can also see the current status of your application on your Dashboard. In the left hand pane, there is a menu titledAdmission. Clicking on it will give you three options: Admission Form,Admission Deadline and Payment. Clicking on Admission Deadline will give a list of important dates for the admission test session you have chosen. The Payment link will allow you to choose payment method and other options.
7. Click on Admission Form to create a new admission form. As you complete each section, you must click Save to save the information you have entered for this section. You must fill in all appropriate fields. When you attempt to submit the application, the system will check for missing information and ask you to enter them.
8. You have to complete required fields for all sections in the following order.
a. Applicant’s Personal Information
Enter the necessary information in the required fields. Before proceeding to the next section, click on the Update button to save the information you entered.
Select the program you want to apply to. If you are applying to one program only, use Choice 1 to select the program. If you have a second choice, then use Choice 1 as the first choice, and Choice 2 as the second choice. Select the appropriate applicant type from the Applicant Type list. For an explanation of the types, click on the i icon beside the Applicant Type list.
Select the exam title from list, for example “SSC” then enter required information. Add more exam titles if needed.
d. Photograph Upload
Upload scanned copy (300×350 pixels, less than 100 KB size, JPG, GIF format) of your passport size photo taken within the last three months.
e. Document Upload (for postgraduate programs)
Scan all your academic documents for e.g. mark-sheets, certificates, and testimonials… Each scanned image must be in jpeg, jpg, gif, pdf or png format and smaller than 5MB in size. Select Academic degree andDocument Name from the list then upload the related document. After uploading required documents, click on Update to save your uploaded information.
f. Preview your application before submitting
After completing all sections, click on Preview to view your application. The Application form may be edited if needed by clicking on the Edit link until the application submission deadline. You need to complete all sections and submit the completed form before the application deadline. If you fail to submit your application form before the deadline, your application will not be processed.
Step 2 : Application Fee Submission
1. You pay the non-refundable admission test fee Tk. 1000 immediately.
2. Click on Payment under Admission menu.
3. Select Payment Mode, then select the bank name from the list, download the Payment Slip and print it, pay to the respective bank along with the slip then scan this slip and upload it to your account.
Step 3 : Submit your Application Form
1. Go to your completed application form preview section by clicking on Admission Form in the left pane, scroll down and click on Submit Application to submit your application.
2. You will receive a conformation email from BRAC University
Step 4 : Admit Card collection
1. After reviewing all documents and information submitted by the applicant (including payment information), the university will select the candidates eligible to sit for the Admission Test. Candidates are requested to login to their account after the DEADLINE to collect the Admit Card from the link given on their Dashboard.
2. Download the Admit Card and print it out in 80 gm A4 size white page.
3. Bring this printed Admit Card to the exam hall. Students will not be allowed to sit for the exam without the Admit Card.
[iframesrc=”http://www.bracu.ac.bd/admission.htm” width=”100%” height=”1000″]
Merit List of B.Sc (Hons.) or Undergraruate Admission (Fall Semester) 2013 | BRAC University (BRACU), All unit
Merit list of BRACU Admission (Fall Semester)All unit [y] has been published here. To see Click here.
Waiting List of B.Sc (Hons.) or Undergraruate Admission (Fall Semester) 2013 | BRAC University (BRACU), All unit
Waiting list of BRACU Admission (Fall Semester) All unit [y] has been published here. To see Click here.
Fees for Bachelor Programs | BRAC University (BRACU), All unit
|Admission Fee||Tk. 17,500 (one time)|
|Computer Lab Fee (Pharmacy)||Tk. 5,000 per semester|
|Computer Lab Fee (Other programs)||Tk. 2,000 per semester|
|Student Activity Fee||Tk. 1,000 per semester|
|Library Fee||Tk. 1,000 per semester|
|Library Membership Fees||Tk. 2,000 (one time)|
|Registration Fees for 2 Courses (6 credits)||Tk. 27,000|
|Tk. 53,500 (Non refundable) for Pharmacy
Tk. 50,500 (Non refundable) for Other programs
Tuition Fee per Credit*
|MA in English||TK. 4,500.00|
|MS in Biotechnology||TK. 4,500.00|
|M. Sc/M. Engg. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering||TK. 4,500.00|
|Masters in Development Management and Practice (MDMP)||TK. 4,500.00|
Scholarship/Waiver for Bachelor Programs | BRAC University (BRACU), All unit
Incoming Search Items:
- BRACU Admission Info
- BRAC University admission info
- BRACU Admission Info – Fall Semester/Spring Semester
- BRAC University admission info- Fall Semester/Spring Semester
- Minimum Qualification for BRACU Admission
- Minimum Qualification for BRAC University admission
- How to Apply for BRACU Admission
- How to Apply for BRAC University admission
- How to Send SMS for BRACU Admission
- How to Send SMS for BRAC University admission
- BRACU Admission Result 2013
- BRAC University admission Result 2013
- Tution fees of BRACU
- Tution fees of BRAC University
- Scholarship/waiver of BRACU
- Scholarship/waiver of BRAC University